Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Ants Go Marching...

While Grandma Grace was visiting we also did one of our favorite things:
HIKING!!!
 
We went to Hendrickson lake, accsessed up Parowan canyon. Earlier in the summer Coulson and Seth had backpacked in and made a lean-to to sleep in that night.  We all wanted to go and see the amazing shelter they built, and the pretty lake they kept talking about.  So, here is the awesome lean-to:


And here is the lake:
(yes, that is snow on the far side)

Of course, after we get to our destination the kids are not ready to quit hiking, so they find the highest, most dangerous rocks they can find and climb to the top. 
My mom said they get that from me.

 On the way down Coulson was such a good helper with Adi, he held her hand through the steep spots.

I love being in the mountains, and the good feeling you get from accomplishing a hike while being surrounded by our Heavenly Father's creations.  It helps me to feel more fully my place in this life and my purpose here.  It is therapy for me.  And trust me when you have a house full of kids
and lots of responsibilities, I need that therapy.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Hendrickson Lake! I wanna go.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pic of Coulson helping Adi.
    I've heard of the lake...but how far is the hike?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great pictures, and news. I really like the cozy lean-to!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete