Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Snowboarding, Me?

To tell the truth, when Seth told me we were going snowboarding at Brianhead for our Valentines Date, I was not thrilled. Snowboarding is his thing, I can ski, but I'd never been snowboarding. Well, since we take turns planning Valentines each year, and since it was his idea, he MADE me go along.  Trust me, I did my share of complaining, and maybe a little whining(shhh, because I was scared).  I really didn't want to end up in the hospital that day.  
Fortunately, I was able to convinced myself I would like it, since I love the mountains, and the snow, and the lift ride would be fun. If anything I could just walk back down the mountain, Right?
   SURPRISE! SURPRISE!
 I really enjoyed myself, and I think Seth had a fun time teaching me.  The snow was lightly falling and there weren't alot of people.  Plus, he never encouraged me to leave the easy runs.  Right at the end of boarding I pulled a muscle, and I was freezing, so it was nice to go back to a REALLY warm room at Cedar Breaks Lodge, with mint hot chocolate, a hot bath, a delicious dinner, and my Awesome husband.
We had such a great time. Of course we didn't want it to end, all the uninterrupted conversation, no homework, piano practice, or chores to do.
(all things I love, but are nice to have a break from once in a while)




WARM FEET!!!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know that is what you did....okay, I didn't know until a few days ago. So glad no one else ended up in the hospital, or am I??!?! ha. Fun stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be brave! I, like you, am a skier. I have yet to try snowboarding. I figure that I don't want to go through the learning process again...you know, the one where you're on your rear end more than you are on your feet... I'm a chicken. If I'm good at something, I don't want to change.

    Kudos to Seth for the creative Valentine's Day activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always very athletic but for some reason, skiing was not one of my things. I rode down the slopes more on my butt than I did the skiis. Fun experiences, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a wonderful date! I'm glad you enjoyed snowboarding, I love it. We go to Brianhead all the time. Fun!

    ReplyDelete