Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Iron County Fair 2012

We LOVE the fair.  You could say we are sorta "freaks" about the fair.  And when we go to the fair, at least the carnival part, we see a lot of "freaks."  Okay that is kinda rude, but people do really weird things to their skin, hair and clothing that we don't usually see anywhere else except the fair.  I guess you could say that we lead a sheltered country life.  But, it sure does make for great people watching which is a favorite pastime of mine, I can't help it, everyone in this world is so unique and interesting.

Our first fair event:  Horseshoe pitching.  Everyone but Adi got involved.  I was so amazed that the kids stuck with it for 3 hours!!   Even Coulson!  He took last place yet in my mind he took 1st;  for not giving up.







It was long and it was hot....

But, after the pitching we got to go inside the exhibit building and see if what ribbons we won for our crops this year.  Ellyn got a blue ribbon on her flower arrangement which fueled her desire for making more pretty flower arrangements.  She usually has me take pictures of the ones she does, maybe I will post them sometime.

Then, WOOHOO!!! She won a sweepstakes ribbon on her cabbage!   Way to go Ellyn!
 Everyone was happy for her!

 Later that night we went to the rodeo and had good old fashioned healthy fair food.  Funnel cake, french fries, fried chicken, chinese food, chocolate chip cookies, and  kettle corn. Then stayed for the fireworks afterwards.

Monday morning we were up early and headed to Parowan for the Iron County Fair 5k race.  Quinn and Seth ran together again and did super.  I know that I would never have voluntarily run 3.2 miles when I was 8 years old.  After the race we stayed for the very long, but very interesting parade.  It is our favorite parade of the year.  This year even Mitt Romney had a float.  It sure is a fun weekend, but, now I need a rest!!!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time, for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the fair bringing out all sorts of people. I hate to admit it, but I've even had contests with friends to see who can find the most "interesting" person. One year I won because I spotted a skinny, leathery (sun worshiper), pierced lady with blue hair....and she was an old grandma! At least in her 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did the rest of your crops do?
    What a fun busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your great photos of your family. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete