Sunday, September 9, 2012

VENTING!!

Tonight as we were going over to grandpa and grandma's house for dinner (they live next door) Coulson asked if he could go back to our house to get something he forgot.  I told him that was fine just shut the door when he came out.  Well, just as we were all sitting down to dinner he came running in  followed by our dog Scout.  I guess that is what he forgot!  But, since he knows we don't bring the dog over for dinner I took him home and he got "scolded" mainly because that wasn't the only crazy thing he had done today.  Earlier, keep in mind this is Sunday, I found him playing in our kiddie pool NAKED and the other ward is driving by as they just got out of church, plus he decided our 5 week old kitten needed to go swimming in the water too!!!!  I guess it's partly my fault since I didn't put the pool away yesterday when they were done swimming in it.


Well, this gets even better.  After going back over to grandpa's house and eating dinner, our two youngest and their cousin Kayla, who are notorious trouble makers when they get together, turned the garden hose on in the chicken coop...flooding it...and then gathered all the eggs the chickens had laid that day (3 dozen)  and threw them all over the place.  On the chickens, on the walls, on the ground, I'm sure it was lots of fun, but they are all regretting it now.  While all this was going on and Coulson was repeatedly getting in trouble his Aunt Jenny asked him; "Is your mom mean?"

And what he said melted my heart.  "No, my mama is the best mama ever."  I LOVE this kid and all our kids "too much," but when he was born I was holding him in my arms at the hospital  I felt like I was going to need MORE love for him.  And it is SSOOO true.  He is full of energy, pranks, mischief and lives to hide and jump out to scare people, or hide just long enough that you start to wonder if he has been kidnapped.  I love him MORE because he makes us all laugh and keeps things interesting around our house and if I didn't have more love for him then I would probably have given up by now.  Or have torn all my hair out.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, and if anyone has some nice calming, peaceful words of wisdom now is the time to share them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED reading this! I often wonder if I'm the only mom that has to have "extra" love for one of my kiddos...won't name HER...but I think you can guess which one SHE is ;). Your kids are too cute and so big! I love getting to peek in on your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly. I agree I love peeking in on your life too!

      Delete
  3. Ha,ha....not funny...ha, ha....right! It will be a few years down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tragedy + time = humor.... hopefully! Sorry to hear about all the mishaps lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's one of the reasons I am writing it down so in the future I can look back and laugh.

      Delete
  5. He is one in a million....and so is Kayla. Happy Birthday Coulson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Venting is good therapy!! :)
    And we love him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coulson and Brylie are definitely related! :) Gotta love those adventurous kids that keep us at the edge of our seats! :)

    - (I've been so bad with birthday's lately! Promise I'll do better.) But Happy (very belated) Birthday To ADDI, Happy Birthday COULSON, and Happy Birthday to Seth!!! And hello from Brylie to the rest of ya!

    Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. No wonder Coulson and Brylie get along so well even though her and Adi are closer to the same age!! Thanks for the birthday wishes, don't feel bad. I am the worst at remembering birthdays!

      Delete
  8. Yeah... it takes a good day of egg-breaking to get it out of your system... well, I got it out of my system around age 4 when my friend Jessie and I crushed all my mom's "craft" eggs that she had hollowed out and glued into decorative baskets.

    Actually, I also remember cracking eggs and mixing it with dirt in the old stove out by the old chicken coop (which was in between yours' and my parents' house.)

    So... I was "lucky" to have both experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, days like that are so hard! I love that he said that you are the best mama. That is so sweet and I'm sure it was what you needed to hear. One thing I love about my kids is they are always so quick to give me the love I need.

    ReplyDelete